Perusing Portugal - South Coast


The final leg of our Portugal trip as a bit unplanned but we decided on the road to stay the night in Lagos on the South Coast. In hindsight we probably would have chosen somewhere else as it was very touristy and catering mostly to British people.


It was off-season so nothing much was going on, however I imagine in the summer time it is quite the tourist attraction.


I loved our hotel - the 70's Inn. It has awesomely decorated rooms and right in the centre of town.


Perhaps the best part of this stop was visiting the Lagos Zoo! A good day out for families and all, I even got to see a new animal to cross off my list (Bobcat)*
Our final day was nothing glamorous, we left Lagos to get to the outskirts of Faro to rest up before our early flight.

A week flew by really quickly and I can't wait to go back to Portugal, a country which is now quite dear to my heart.

*I have a list I made circa 2009 which lists a variety of species I have not yet seen in real life. Sort of like a bucket list. I still carry it around in my wallet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting into Greece – Zakynthos – Part 1

Competition Time!